219 Rose Place
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)
Master's Degree in English, December 1999
State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNYAB)
Bachelor's Degree in English and Communication, June 1996
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Extensive knowledge in Macintosh OS, Microsoft Windows, HTML, Microsoft Word, Adobe Systems Pagemaker, Photoshop, Macromedia Freehand, Final Cut Pro, Filemaker Pro, QuarkXpress, Web Browsers, and Internet Software. Some familiarity with Microsoft Access, WordPerfect, Adobe Illustrator.
Community Access Center, Kalamazoo, MI
Public Relations & Fund Development Coordinator, 9/99-4/01
- Wrote press releases, wrote and designed monthly newsletter, annual report, and more to ensure that the visibility of the Center was maintained in the community.
- Coordinated and produced an annual eight-hour, live telethon fund-raiser.
- Composed grant proposals and wrote additional materials as necessary.
Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, MI
Freelance Writer, 4/00-present
- Write articles for entertainment desk as assigned by editor.
The Career Center, UMCP
Experiential Learning Associate, 7/98-8/99
- Reviewed internship and cooperative education opportunities available to students.
- Advised students to help them obtain intern positions and university credit.
- Taught workshops in which attendees learned how to use resume software.
- Coordinated on-campus publicity for two job fairs and assisted PR director in designing logos and PR pieces.
Office of Information Technology, UMCP
Peer Trainer, 6/98-8/99
- Taught Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and basic email functions to attendees of three-hour workshops.
The Writing Center, UMCP
English Tutor, 9/97-7/98, 6/99-8/99
- Assisted students in developing and writing papers for classes.
Center for Assistive Technology, SUNYAB
Writing & Editing Assistant, 2/97-8/97
- Researched, wrote, edited, and designed factsheets and pamphlets on assistive technology for a nationally-funded project for developing assistive devices.
Shea's Performing Arts Center, Buffalo, NY
Freelance Writer, 6/97-8/97
- Wrote press releases as assigned by public relations director.
Reach Student Handbook, SUNYAB
Editor-in-Chief, Summer 1996
- Acted as chief operating officer of a 216-page annual student handbook.
- Worked with a staff of editors, designers, and writers to assemble book by deadline.
- Oversaw and worked with every aspect of the publication.
Generation Magazine, SUNYAB
- Acted as chief operating officer of a 32-page weekly student publication.
- Worked closely with a staff of over 20 editors.
- Wrote extensively on significant societal and student-related topics.
- Conducted weekly editorial meetings.
- Oversaw production, including layout, paste-up, and graphic reproduction.
REFERENCES & WRITING SAMPLES
Available upon request.
For comments and/or questions about this site, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AOL Instant messenger: DasScoop
All content on amyscoop.com ©2001 by Amy Levine. Credited re-publication of this site's content by permission only. I'll probably say yes. Just ask.